Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy New Year!

























So it's a little late. I can't seem to find time to sit down and type.
I've been spending a lot of time, playing in the snow, traveling, doing laundry and getting ready for Kerry's wedding. Now that it is over (it was wonderful) I can get caught up with other things.
We had the monthly update with Madeline's ABA therapists yesterday. She's doing really well. She masters every program they give her in record time. She isn't crying and complaining as much as she used to. That is probably because she doesn't do it as often as she used to. I think that she definitely needs a balance. I think we were focusing way to much on ABA before and she needs a wider variety. They work on things like playing catch, cutting with scissors, learning the days of the week, social questions, matching and so on. She had mastered quite a few of them yesterday and they were coming up with new programs. I love hearing that because a lot of the stuff she learns in ABA you don't notice on a daily basis.
Madeline has learned how to use the computer. Yet another reason why I don't have time to blog! :) She loves it. She just needs help getting to her favorite toddler websites and she can handle it all from there. It's actually very impressive. The only thing is that she ONLY wants to play the computer. When she wakes up in the morning and when she gets home from school that's the first thing she asks for. I had to ask the therapists yesterday what their opinion was. They said as long as she has a balance it's fine. Basically if' she has ABA for 2 hrs in the morning she should be allowed to play the computer for an hour. Then if she's at school for 4 hours she should be allowed computer time when she gets home. Also, in situations when there is a ton of people at the house she should be allowed to play. This way she's not just watching tv, she's actually interacting and participating in a game and she's not bothered by the amount people and noise in the room.
Abby is doing great. She's a little fiesty but still adorable. She loves her cousins Ella and Jack and is actually chanting their names right now. She is waiting...impatiently...for them to come over and play.
I've attached some more recent pics. I hope everyone had a great holiday!










No comments: