If any of you reading this have new babies or friends with new babies or just questions on vaccines I really recommend looking up Dr. Sear's vaccine schedule. It's the one we are following with Abby, although we are starting hers a little later than he recommends because I'm a chicken! Either way, if you have questions, please ask me. I'm not the expert on the subject but I have lots of great resources at my disposal.
OK, enough venting. For now at least. Since it's autism awareness month there will probably be a lot more morons on TV for me to be pissed at.
Our naturopath recommended a new supplement for Madeline that we just got in the mail. It's called Enhansa and is a mild chelator, anti-viral, anti-fungal and has other benefits. She mentioned she has seen lots of improvements in social and communication in GIRLS she sees. (remember autism is 4-5 times more prevelent in boys) Especially those who haven't responded to other treatments, like our Madeline :) We'll start it tomorrow and see how it goes. It's supposed to have a pretty good "die off" effect where kids get a lot spacier before they get better. The spacey part is supposed to be a good sign. We'll see! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, just as I do with every other treatment we've tried.
Here are some pics from our mini spring break trip to Ellensburg. We had great weather and a lot of fun. Abby was so happy to see her favorite dog Tally. Madeline actually liked her this time too. Great, I probably am going to have to get a dog! :) Either that or make more trips to Eburg, I'd prefer the latter.
Oh, if you are interested in watching that episode of Larry King it's posted on youtube by xmagicdustx . It's in 5 parts so make sure you watch them in order. Also, it's re-airing this Saturday. They also have some good links and info here : http://www.generationrescue.org/





2 comments:
I've decided that in order to be a good big sister I should be leaving comments on your blog!!! I love my darling nieces, and I am so very proud to have you as my baby sister!! You are a wonderful, strong woman, and I don't tell you that often enough!!!
I love you,
Blondie
Kim: I second what Kerry says. You and Jon are amazing parents and we are all so proud of you. I love those little girls to pieces. We'll see you soon.
Love
Auntie Marilyn
Post a Comment