


The girls are outside on the deck watching it rain. They are completely mesmerized by it, like it's something they have never seen before. Give it another couple weeks and it will be all they see.
I took a really long time to update this and a lot has changed. We just bought a new house and are in the process of doing upgrades. The house needed new carpet, paint, cabinets, lighting fixtures, etc. Since Jon and I are not very handy we flew in my dad for 10 days to help. He's been over there last last 4 days helping. It's really kind of amazing how far they have gotten already. As we speak (as I type) they are over there right now painted the foyer. Jon is on a lift that they rented about 15 above the floor. Yikes! :)
Madeline starts school next Tuesday. Mornings this year. Should be interested. I've never had to get myself and two kids ready and out the door at a specific time each morning. We'll see how it goes. I really like her teacher this year, Madeline already knows her so they won't be starting from scratch which is good. I don't have to give her the 15 minute run down. She's well aware of the situation and gets really excited when Madeline meets her goals.
Madeline turned 5 a couple weeks ago. WOW, that is crazy. I can't believe she's 5. It's weird because I was positive when we first got a diagnosis that she would be perfectly fine by 5. I read stories of women who "recovered" their kids in less than a year. Obviously every kiddo is different and we have to take each day as it comes. I'm really hopeful for this year. I really think we are starting to get the right combo of therapy and school down for her.
Kids are asking for a bath now so I'll post some pics of Madeline's 5th birthday at the Fun Forest at Seattle center. Madeline loved it!

No comments:
Post a Comment