After a couple weeks of research on surrounding school districts Jon and I have decided to put our house on the market and move to Camas, WA. Camas is about 13 miles East of our current house.The Camas School District was sued a few years back for their lack of a special needs program. Since then they hired a group of people to create an ideal program for children with special needs including an entire class for children with Autism. I went to their open house a couple weeks ago and met with the teacher for the autism class. She was wonderful & knowledgeable. They model their preschool after the University of Washington's program which I've heard great things about. I've met other mom's in the area through my yahoo groups and most are very impressed with the district.
Right now we are fixing the backyard and other small things in the house before putting it on the market. Hopefully it will be up by the end of the month. We know this is a horrible time to be selling a house but we're counting on getting a great deal in Camas. Although we're finding out that it's just as expensive out there as it is here.
I've been spending a ton of time on the internet looking at houses and then driving around Camas to try and find a good area. I want to be close to the freeway since we need the tutors to be able to find the house easily. We don't want to be way out in the boonies.
That's the latest. Everybody here (well, except Jon) has a nasty cold so we are laying low right now. I can't figure out why it's May and it's 50 degrees outside and we are all sniffling and sneezing!
Getting ready for the Buddy Walk
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment