Friday, May 23, 2008

Madelines latest appt

Since that cold hit our house about three weeks ago Madeline has not been doing well. She is extremely spacey and doesn't want to do any of her therapy. She cries at the drop of a hat and wants her mommy all the time.

We took her to her naturopathic dr and we are trying some new medicines and supplements to see if we can snap her out of it.

We find it a little strange that she has been so off after having this virus. He's giving her an antiviral now to see if maybe some portion of that virus is hanging around and affecting her mood. http://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/medical/comprehensive-anti-viral-autism.htm

We are also continuing b12 shots and adding in Folic acid. This is mostly for brain support and development. It can make kids more aware of their surroundings. Something we definitely need help with. http://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/medical/methyl-b12-treatments.htm

We are also trying new probiotics for her tummy issues. Poor little baby.

I added links to this so you can read about the reasoning behind these medications for Madeline. I don't want anyone to think we are totally nuts with this whole diet and supplementation plan. Well, actually, I don't really care what anyone thinks, just added the links for your information :)

The next step will be chelation. This is the step that scares the heck out of me but has great results. There are slower ways to chelate toxins out of the body and those are the options I'm considering. http://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/medical/chelation.htm

I have scheduled another appt with yet another naturopathic dr in our area to get another set of eyes on her.

That's all for now, just a quick update. :)

1 comment:

GrandmaPaula said...

Kim, the only thing that would be crazy would be not to try. Madeline is very lucky to have parents who will leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of a cure. I'll read the links and I am reading "Changing the Course of Autism". I'm learning alot in the hope of being more help to you. Love, Mom