Friday, June 27, 2008

losing it

This is for all of you that send me emails about how I sound like I have my stuff together.

As I've probably mentioned Madeline has sleeping issues. Well, first Abby had sleeping issues and Madeline slept through the night and now Abby sleeps like a dream and Madeline is up.

It's 9am on Friday morning and Madeline has been up since ONE A.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which means I've been up since ONE A.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!

She came into our room at 1 and asked me if we could go downstairs...uh, NO! It's time for bed. So I got in her bed with her and listened to her script (recite cartoons) until 5am. At that point I completely lost it and had to leave the room for fear that I might jump out the window. She of course followed me right out of the room. So after 3 or 4 dances of me bringing her back to her room I woke Jon up to make him deal with her. Of course, she wanted nothing to do with him. So she screamed her head off. She's very mommy focused right now. Lucky me.

So here we are. It's 9 and I've already been up for 8 hours. I've been cussing like a truck driver all morning and most of you know that is very unlike me. Madelines upstairs screaming her head off for her wonderful therapist, Debbie, and I'm supposed to be a mom all day when I really want to run away. Hopefully she'll fall asleep in therapy or right after and then we won't completely screw up tonights sleep either.

2 comments:

GrandmaPaula said...

Anyone who has stayed up all night with a child can relate to your feelings. And no one can fault you for "swearing like a truck driver". Expressing your feelings is good and understand that they are understandable and normal. You are wonderful Kim, you really are and I love you. Tomorrow is another day. Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok...There are times that I "Swear like a truck driver" or a sailor...without the excuse of being up all night with a 3 year old! You still have it all together, even when it seems like it is all falling apart. You are one of the best moms I've ever had the pleasure to meet! Your children are truly blessed by you and your devotion to them. Keep in touch. Rachel